- 12 ounces (340g) fresh cranberries
- 4-5 green onions
- 1/4 cop chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup (212g) sugar, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8-ounces each) packages (454g) cream cheese, light or regular, softened
- Crackers, for serving
1. Pulse cranberries in a food processor or blender until coarsely chopped. Add the green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, cumin, lemon juice and salt and pulse until the ingredients are well combined and finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a covered container and refrigerate for 4 hours (or up to overnight) so the flavors have time to meld and develop.
2. When ready, spread the cream cheese in an even layer on a serving plate or 9-inch pie dish. Top with the cranberry-jalapeno mixture.
3. Refrigerate for up to an hour before serving. Serve with crackers.