- 1 box of white cake mix, plus all of the ingredients listed on the back
- 1 package of Oreos
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp Oreo crumbs
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the cake mix box. Next, prepare the cake mix as directed.
- Place cupcake liners in the pan.
- Add one oreo to each cup.
- Pour the batter in the cups, filling each slightly over 1/2 full.
- Bake as directed on the cake mix box, based on the directions for cupcakes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the room temperature butter and shortening, beat using an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Begin to add in the powdered sugar, about 1 cup at a time. Slowly beat the mixture until the powdered sugar is incorporated. Continue this process until you’ve added all of the powdered sugar.
- Add in the vanilla and oreo crumbs, and beat until just combined.
- Cool cupcakes before icing.